Riverside House is a large self catering holiday cottage in the heart of the Peak District National Park, Derbyshire.
Bring your pet on holiday too! Dog friendly accommodation and pet friendly accommodation. Up to a maximum of four well behaved dogs.
Sleeps 9 + cot plus 3 further guests. This large self catering holiday cottage ideal for Peak District short breaks or longer breaks in the school holidays.
Chatsworth House a Peak District and Derbyshire gem is only 20 minutes drive from the holiday cottage.
Read what our guests have to say for our up to date self catering holiday cottage testimonials!
Situated in the Derbyshire conservation village of Litton Mill, close to Millers Dale and Tideswell near Buxton and Bakewell, Riverside House is ideal for family holidays, walks in the Peak District with groups, birthday celebrations or reunions.
Spacious self catering accommodation in the Derbyshire, Peak District, equipped to the standard of 4 Star rated holiday accommodation with modern facilities.
Riverside House holiday cottage sleeps 9 in 4 bedrooms PLUS comfy sofa bed, z-bed, single chair bed (young child) and cot.
Three TV's (one surround sound in lounge), one in downstairs bedroom, one in games room
Log fire in lounge with unlimited free supply of logs all year round.
Modern fully equipped kitchen
Safe and secure garden and patio area fully enclosed with fence and gates - BBQ available.
Nearest pub is one mile easy walking and plenty of others in walking or short driving distance.
Plenty of out door fun on the Monsal Trail for walking or cycling traffic free - accessed from the back of Riverside House over the river! Safe cycle storage too in our garage! See our article on Monsal Trail cycling and The Monsal Trail map.
Sorry but no stag or hen parties.
The Area around Litton Mill
Get out and about and enjoy the freedom with plenty of Peak District walks from the door. Lovely river views from the back and side of the self catering cottage, feed the ducks and trout from the bridge, walk the River Wye to Cressbrook, take the Monsal Trail and enjoy stunning views over the Monsal viaduct to the Monsal Head or walk Tideswell Dale - these are just a few Peak District walks from the door of the holiday cottage.
Riverside House holiday cottage is right next to The Monsal Trail, with traffic free cycling and walks for 8 miles. Walk or cycle to Bakewell and hire and rent bikes at three different cycle hire centres, including Hassop Station with the electric bike scheme, cafe, bookshop, gift shop and restaurant.
Or just relax and enjoy lovely river views from Riverside House's garden and patio - enclosed and safe for children.
Dog friendly accommodation, pet friendly accommodation, all pets welcome - we are dog owners too! Up to four well behaved dogs at any one time.
Deal direct with the owner - no agencies
Flexible booking and short breaks available
- Large rooms - including a very large lounge - surround sound TV with Freeview and DVD
- Dining room - seats up to 13 when two tables joined together
- Safe, enclosed garden - with views of the River Wye
- 4 bedrooms with beds for up to 9 people - PLUS comfy sofa bed, z-bed, chair bed and cot
- Log fire in lounge - free unlimited supply of logs
- Ground floor bedroom - with downstairs shower room and WC
- The owners stay at Riverside House with their family and friends (and pets) too!
- The Monsal Trail - newly opened, passing right by Riverside House and a must for any visitor to the area
The Monsal Trail tunnels are open for cycling, walking and horse riding offering one of the most spectacular leisure routes in Britain. It is the first time the public have been able to go through the tunnels since the former Midland Railway Line closed in 1968.
- Stunning Peak District walks - right from the door - Millers Dale, Monsal Head, Monsal Dale, Tideswell and Litton are all within easy reach
- Nearby pub - the Angler's Rest Angler's Rest in Millers Dale
- Local shops and more pubs only three miles away in Tideswell or Litton
- Within easy reach of the Derbyshire spa town of Buxton and the Derbyshire market town of Bakewell
- Conveniently placed for visiting sights such as Chatsworth House - or travel a little further for the excitement of Alton Towers
- Games room - with pool, air hockey, table football, TV and PS2 - and its own fridge
- Table tennis - in the garage
- Free wi-fi access
- Dogs and pets welcome
- Cyclists welcome - facilities provided for bike storage
- Off street parking - on private drive and in double garage
- Bed linen, towels, heating and all other services included in the price